The Bulks as Bulkster of Hurnen is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Loose with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.346 billion Hurnenians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order and Education are also considered important, while Environment and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hurnen City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.9%.
The all-consuming Hurnenian economy, worth a remarkable 1,808 trillion Gold coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 193,541 Gold coins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 829,995 per year while the poor average 28,886, a ratio of 28.7 to 1.
The nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security, believers must practice religion behind church doors lest the government smite them with a mighty fine, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hurnen's national animal is the Swan, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Belief in your Rugby ballz.
Most Recent Government Activity: 56 days ago
- 4 days ago: Hurnen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 7 days ago: Hurnen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 8 days ago: Hurnen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Hurnen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Hurnen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 10 days ago: Hurnen was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Hurnen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Hurnen fell out of the world Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 29 days ago: Hurnen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 30 days ago: Hurnen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.