|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: City Ankh Morpork
The Kingdom of Hubble is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its strong anti-business policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.441 billion Hubbleans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Religion & Spirituality, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 43%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Beef-Based Agriculture.
Organ donation is compulsory, military spending is on the increase, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and major cities are suffering under water rationing. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hubble's national animal is the Whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 87 minutes ago
- 84 days ago: Hubble lodged a message on the City Ankh Morpork Regional Message Board.
- 112 days ago: Hubble fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 114 days ago: Hubble relocated from Balder to City Ankh Morpork.
- 114 days ago: Following new legislation in Hubble, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- 128 days ago: Hubble was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 128 days ago: Hubble was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 138 days ago: Hubble was refounded in Balder.
- 1 year 48 days ago: Hubble ceased to exist.
- 1 year 54 days ago: Hubble was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 1 year 54 days ago: Hubble was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.