|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The United Kingdom of HRH is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by His Royal Highness King D Aradan with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.003 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- concentrates mainly on Education, although Healthcare and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valalon. The average income tax rate is 26%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service, and Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. HRH's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the HRHDollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 19 hours ago
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in HRH, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in HRH, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in HRH, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in HRH, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- 5 days ago: HRH was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 8 days ago: HRH was endorsed by The Pug of Pugs Only.
- 13 days ago: HRH was endorsed by The Republic of Meddigo.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in HRH, extreme political groups are outlawed.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in HRH, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in HRH, charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial.
Endorsements Received: 33 (Brutland and Norden, Arthloxia, Gauthier, Pamela And Hepatitis, Lakarian, Aspatia, Kholdan, Arcadia Austral, Hileville, South Pacific Belschaft, Southern Bellz, Drugged Monkeys, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Sheepatropolis, Michu, Aramanchovia, Radole, Nonce Rho, Dovanet, Mavenu, --TAO--, Vulkanus, El Moriyana, Zather, The HEM, El Markus, The Fancy Republic of Zombie Napoleon, Bobs raider puppet, Tenir, Terraberg, Distortilla, Meddigo, Pugs Only)