The Empire of Hoytmus is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by William Hoyt with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 3.781 billion Hoytmusians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Williamsburg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 74.7%.
The very strong Hoytmusian economy, worth 225 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 59,578 Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 7.1 times as much as the poorest.
Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hoytmus's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 22 days ago: Hoytmus applied to join the World Assembly.
- 22 days ago: Hoytmus was refounded in Lazarus.
- 337 days ago: Hoytmus ceased to exist.
- 359 days ago: Hoytmus fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 1 year ago: Hoytmus was refounded in Balder.
- 2 years 92 days ago: Hoytmus ceased to exist.
- 2 years 99 days ago: Hoytmus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 2 years 114 days ago: Hoytmus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 2 years 116 days ago: Hoytmus fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Pro-Market.
- 2 years 124 days ago: Hoytmus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.