The Principality of House of Griffindor is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Governor General Walter Honeycomb with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 8.145 billion Griffindorss have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Industry, and Spirituality also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sin City. The average income tax rate is 55.8%.
The thriving House of Griffindorian economy, worth 498 trillion Pesoes a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 61,142 Pesoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Prison visits increase substantially during election years, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, retail stores offer sales every hour on the hour, and Governor General Walter Honeycomb has just been declared ruler of House of Griffindor in an international press conference. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. House of Griffindor's national animal is the Unicornis, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : House of Griffindor fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Average.
- : House of Griffindor's influence in Union of Free States rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : House of Griffindor lodged a message on the Union of Free States Regional Message Board.
- : House of Griffindor updated the World Factbook entry in Union of Free States.
- : House of Griffindor's influence in Union of Free States fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : House of Griffindor's influence in Union of Free States rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- : House of Griffindor removed Appearance authority from The ERGC commander of of Julius Caeser as Praetor-General in Union of Free States.
- : House of Griffindor appointed Iranshehr as Interior Minister with authority over Appearance, Communications, and Polls in Union of Free States.
- : House of Griffindor relocated from Union of Confederate Regions to Union of Free States.
- : House of Griffindor appointed The ERGC commander of of Julius Caeser as Praetor-General with authority over Appearance, Border Control, and Embassies in Union of Free States.