“There's a mouse inside this house”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
Location: Outer Heaven
The United States of House mouse is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 6.009 billion House mouseans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of House mouse City. The average income tax rate is 94.8%.
The House mousean economy, worth 526 trillion mouse monies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Arms Manufacturing industry. Average income is 87,617 mouse monies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers, the government is seen to favor Catholics, and all streets are privately owned toll roads. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. House mouse's national animal is the Mouse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is a major religion.
House mouse is ranked 2nd in Outer Heaven and 1,800th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 1,437.9 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: House mouse fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in House mouse, all streets are privately owned toll roads.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in House mouse, the government is seen to favor Catholics.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in House mouse, soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers.
- 4 days ago: House mouse was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in House mouse, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in House mouse, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in House mouse, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks.
- 6 days ago: House mouse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in House mouse, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.