The Free Land of Holykol is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its national health service, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.79 billion Holykolians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holykol City. The average income tax rate is 91.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Holykolian economy, worth 409 trillion KOLS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is 60,337 KOLS, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is totally unknown. Holykol's national animal is the Trololo Man, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 1 hour ago
- 11 days ago: Holykol password-protected Sinope.
- 11 days ago: Holykol banned The United States of Talico32 from Sinope.
- 11 days ago: Holykol banned The Army of Esooreet from Sinope.
- 11 days ago: Holykol ejected and banned The Republic of AppleCorps33 from Sinope.
- 11 days ago: Holykol cancelled the closure of embassies between Sinope and Kallisto.
- 11 days ago: Holykol aborted construction of embassies between Sinope and DEN.
- 11 days ago: Holykol abolished the regional flag of Sinope.
- 11 days ago: Holykol updated the World Factbook entry in Sinope.
- 11 days ago: Holykol relocated from The Black Riders to Sinope.
- 12 days ago: Holykol was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
Endorsements Received: None.