“I would have done the same!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Free Land of Holykol is a massive, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 4.905 billion Holykolians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holykol City. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is relatively low. Holykol's national animal is the Trololo Man, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the KOL.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 9 days ago: Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 11 days ago: Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 12 days ago: Holykol fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 14 days ago: Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 19 days ago: Holykol relocated from Kallisto to Sinope.
- 19 days ago: Holykol was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 21 days ago: Holykol was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 26 days ago: Holykol was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 32 days ago: Holykol relocated from Himalia to Kallisto.