The Free Land of Holykol is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.442 billion Holykolians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holykol City. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Holykolian economy, worth 389 trillion KOLS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is 60,394 KOLS, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is totally unknown. Holykol's national animal is the Trololo Man, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Holykol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Holykol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- 29 days ago: Holykol was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 43 days ago: Holykol fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 85 days ago: Holykol was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 112 days ago: Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 117 days ago: Holykol agreed to construct embassies between Sinope and Kallisto.
- 128 days ago: Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 132 days ago: Holykol fell out of the world Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 150 days ago: Holykol's influence in Sinope fell from "Hermit" to "Dealmaker".