The Free Land of Holykol is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.166 billion Holykolians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holykol City. The average income tax rate is 92.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Holykolian economy, worth 411 trillion KOLS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is 57,379 KOLS, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is totally unknown. Holykol's national animal is the Trololo Man, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Holykol was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Holykol fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Holykol was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Holykol fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- : Holykol fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Holykol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
Endorsements Received: None.