The Free Land of Holykol is a colossal, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.015 billion Holykolians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holykol City. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Holykolian economy, worth 402 trillion KOLS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is 57,352 KOLS, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is totally unknown. Holykol's national animal is the Trololo Man, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 5 days ago: Holykol fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 10 days ago: Holykol fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 10 days ago: Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 13 days ago: Holykol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 16 days ago: Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 22 days ago: Holykol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 27 days ago: Holykol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 36 days ago: Holykol's influence in Sinope rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 48 days ago: Holykol password-protected Sinope.
Endorsements Received: None.