“Protectors of the Oppressed”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Intergalactic Federacy
The Intergalactic Empire of Holy Trek is a massive, devout nation, ruled by His Imperial Majesty Michael I with an even hand, and remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.562 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Enterprise. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, the government is reining in public spending, euthanasia is illegal, and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Holy Trek's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Trekism, and its currency is the Imperial Dollar .
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 3 hours ago
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Holy Trek was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Holy Trek, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Holy Trek, euthanasia is illegal.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Holy Trek, the government is reining in public spending.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Holy Trek, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Holy Trek voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Holy Trek lodged a message on the Intergalactic Federacy Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Holy Trek was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 5 days ago: Holy Trek was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Holy Trek, gambling is outlawed.