“Protectors of the Oppressed”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Intergalactic Federacy
The Intergalactic Empire of Holy Trek is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by His Imperial Majesty Michael I with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 6.28 billion Trekians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Enterprise. The average income tax rate is 96.8%.
The frighteningly efficient a Trekian economy, worth 786 trillion Imperial Dollars a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 125,163 Imperial Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Holy Trek's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Trekism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Holy Trek was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- 6 days ago: Holy Trek fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Holy Trek, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Holy Trek, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Holy Trek, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- 7 days ago: Holy Trek proposed constructing embassies between Intergalactic Federacy and Winterfell.
- 7 days ago: Holy Trek agreed to construct embassies between Intergalactic Federacy and Armed fascist federation.
- 7 days ago: Holy Trek voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 7 days ago: Holy Trek voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Holy Trek, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.