“Advance the Peace, Advance the Prosperity, For All”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Constitutional Monarchy of Holilands is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by The Sovereign King with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.296 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marian. The average income tax rate is 60%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, Holilands has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Holilands's national animal is the Eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 8 days ago: Holilands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 9 days ago: Holilands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Holilands was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Holilands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Holilands was endorsed by The Federation of Alterrum.
- 15 days ago: Holilands was endorsed by The Queendom of Ayunli.
- 20 days ago: Holilands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Holilands, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Holilands, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 21 days ago: Holilands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.