The Constitutional Monarchy of Holilands is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by The Sovereign King with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 9.053 billion Holilandsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Spirituality, Healthcare, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Administration and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marian. The average income tax rate is 7.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Holilandsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,215 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 134,212 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, and any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist. Crime is totally unknown. Holilands's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Holilands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Holilands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Holilands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- : Holilands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Holilands's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Holilands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Holilands's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in Holilands, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Holilands was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Holilands's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".