The Indebted State of Hobbovia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Treasuary Master Tom with an even hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, sprawling nuclear power plants, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 6.075 billion Hobbovians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, although Education and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Warre. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Hobbovian economy, worth 897 trillion Hobbeses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 147,655 Hobbeses, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 514,487 per year while the poor average 30,853, a ratio of 16.7 to 1.
Skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, the dead are minced up and sold to people in burger form, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, and any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hobbovia's national animal is the Leviathan, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hobbovia lodged a message on the A Sequestered Corner of the Globe Regional Message Board.
- : Hobbovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Hobbovia's influence in A Sequestered Corner of the Globe fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Hobbovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Hobbovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Hobbovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Hobbovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Hobbovia's influence in A Sequestered Corner of the Globe fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Hobbovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Hobbovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.