The Grand Republic of Hindopia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Tanner with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 12.255 billion Hindopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tamilus. The average income tax rate is 31.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hindopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,417 trillion versicredits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 115,669 versicredits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors, loans are available for students from poor families, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hindopia's national animal is the Phoenix , which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Hindopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Hindopia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Hindopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Hindopia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Hindopia's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.