The Grand Republic of Hindopia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Tanner with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 11.515 billion Hindopians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tamilus. The average income tax rate is 31.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Hindopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,330 trillion versicredits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 115,547 versicredits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors, loans are available for students from poor families, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hindopia's national animal is the Phoenix , which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Deep Blue Waters of Funkadelia.
- : Hindopia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Hindopia, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- : Following new legislation in Hindopia, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- : Following new legislation in Hindopia, loans are available for students from poor families.
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Son of Fčnghuáng of New Rogernomics.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Village of Prostokvashino.
- : Hindopia was endorsed by Lazmac.