The Grand Republic of Hindopia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Tanner with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 11.105 billion Hindopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Environment and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tamilus. The average income tax rate is 27.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Hindopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,280 trillion versicredits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 115,330 versicredits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Private law firms are unheard of, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, CDs are regularly copy-protected, and citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hindopia's national animal is the Phoenix , which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Oh Captain My Captain of Benevolent Thomas.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Narodnaya Respublika of Borsovia.
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Allied States of Tearful Underwing.
- : Hindopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Ice-cream loving state of Amerion.
- : Hindopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.