The Grand Republic of Hindopia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Tanner with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 11.299 billion Hindopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Environment and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tamilus. The average income tax rate is 27.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Hindopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,302 trillion versicredits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 115,275 versicredits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Private law firms are unheard of, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, CDs are regularly copy-protected, and citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hindopia's national animal is the Phoenix , which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Kingdom of New Rogernomics.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Village of Prostokvashino.
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The No More Endorsements Please of Lazmac.
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Belschaft.
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Grandee Secretary of Benevolent Thomas.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Hindopia was endorsed by The Narodnaya Respublika of Borsovia.