|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Grand Republic of Hindopia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Tanner with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 10.024 billion Hindopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Environment and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tamilus. The average income tax rate is 24.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hindopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,164 trillion versicredits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 116,177 versicredits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Private law firms are unheard of, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, CDs are regularly copy-protected, and citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hindopia's national animal is the Phoenix , which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 11 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Hindopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 26 days ago: Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: Hindopia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Stronghollow.
- 49 days ago: Hindopia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Citiga.
- 55 days ago: Hindopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 62 days ago: Hindopia was endorsed by The Federation of The Sweet Leaf.
- 63 days ago: Hindopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 67 days ago: Hindopia was endorsed by Santana tucuruvi.