The Grand Republic of Hindopia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Tanner with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 12.845 billion Hindopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tamilus. The average income tax rate is 32.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hindopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,478 trillion versicredits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 115,116 versicredits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors, loans are available for students from poor families, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hindopia's national animal is the Phoenix , which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hindopia's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Hindopia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Hindopia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Hindopia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Hindopia was refounded in Balder.
- : Hindopia ceased to exist.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth and the Top 5% for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.