The Grand Republic of Hindopia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Tanner with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 10.922 billion Hindopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Environment and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tamilus. The average income tax rate is 26.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Hindopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,257 trillion versicredits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 115,176 versicredits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Private law firms are unheard of, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, CDs are regularly copy-protected, and citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hindopia's national animal is the Phoenix , which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 8 days ago: Hindopia was endorsed by The Narodnaya Respublika of Borsovia.
- 24 days ago: Hindopia was endorsed by The Allied States of Tearful Underwing.
- 26 days ago: Hindopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 34 days ago: Hindopia was endorsed by The Ice-cream loving state of Amerion.
- 43 days ago: Hindopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 51 days ago: Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 51 days ago: Hindopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 65 days ago: Hindopia was endorsed by The Slack Guru of Funkadelia.
- 65 days ago: Hindopia was endorsed by The Perseverance of Loftegen.
- 65 days ago: Hindopia was endorsed by The Federation of Lazmac.