“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Hileville is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Emperor Dennrick Hile with an even hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.308 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nanlandia. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Automobile Manufacturing.
The military is blowing up any threat to employment within the nation, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Hileville's many privately-owned prisons, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hileville's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is the Cult of the Lions, and its currency is the Hile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 58 minutes ago
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Hileville was endorsed by The Khedivate of Asvars.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Hileville was endorsed by The Khedivate of Asvars.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Hileville voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Hileville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 Infinite Loop".
- 4 days ago: Hileville was endorsed by The Scribe of Justice of Cormac A Stark.
- 12 days ago: Hileville voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 12 days ago: Hileville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 12 days ago: Hileville was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 13 days ago: Hileville was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 20 days ago: Hileville voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Code of Maritime Law".