“There is no order without obedience.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Military Dictatorship of Higsantium is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Emperor Higs with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 15.138 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Higsantium City. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
A cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', government popup ads are springing up like weeds, and the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Higsantium's national animal is the vorpal bunny, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is The Cult of Higs, and its currency is the holy hand grenade.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 9 hours ago
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Higsantium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 4 days ago: Higsantium's influence in Canada fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 9 days ago: Higsantium was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Canada and Antarctica.
- 13 days ago: Higsantium's influence in Canada rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 16 days ago: Higsantium was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, government popup ads are springing up like weeds.
- 20 days ago: Higsantium was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Southern Quebec.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons'.
- 24 days ago: Higsantium was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Gibile.