“There is no order without obedience.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Military Dictatorship of Higsantium is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Emperor Higs with an iron fist, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 16.294 billion Higsantiumians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Higsantium City. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Concert pianists lie about their occupation to avoid ridicule, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Higsantium, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and people regularly disappear off the streets and all evidence of them is destroyed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Higsantium's national animal is the vorpal bunny, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is The Cult of Higs, and its currency is the holy hand grenade.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 6 hours ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Higsantium was endorsed by The Unified Nations of Drummond and Elmsley.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Higsantium endorsed The Unified Nations of Drummond and Elmsley.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Higsantium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 7 days ago: Higsantium endorsed The Socialist Republic of Auq.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, people regularly disappear off the streets and all evidence of them is destroyed.
- 8 days ago: Higsantium's influence in Canada fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- 11 days ago: Higsantium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Higsantium.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, concert pianists lie about their occupation to avoid ridicule.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Esselldee, Devil Heart, Parkplace, Aslanistan, Almonaster Nuevo, SLAM-ER, Cowland5, Formic, Gibile, Alterrum, Guelphia, Goose-ada, Ambrok, Laughterandsunshine, Mojaguay, Gary Neville, South Pezalia, Lardon Atya, Jamberry, Stormaen, SetiCrunchers, Rhuztovkia, Firefights, Raincouver, Tigults, San Francesco Bay, New Vinland, Mississippi Islands, Turrican, Mother Rome, Wolfgangmn, and Drummond and Elmsley.