The Military Dictatorship of Higsantium is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Higs with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 17.794 billion Higsantiumians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Higsantium City. The average income tax rate is 97.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Higsantiumian economy, worth a remarkable 5,863 trillion holy hand grenades a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 329,499 holy hand grenades, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
Pro-democracy protesters are shot on sight by state police, vaccinations are mandatory, the nation has declared war on all passing comets, and senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Higsantium's national animal is the vorpal bunny, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Cult of Higs.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 5 days ago: Higsantium fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, the nation has declared war on all passing comets.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, vaccinations are mandatory.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, pro-democracy protesters are shot on sight by state police.
- 9 days ago: Higsantium endorsed The Glorious Nation of United States of Buffaloia.
- 25 days ago: Higsantium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- 30 days ago: Higsantium endorsed The Empire of Mornangren.
- 32 days ago: Higsantium's influence in Canada fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 32 days ago: Higsantium was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest (last census: #1).
Endorsements Received: 23 » Devil Heart, Parkplace, Almonaster Nuevo, SLAM-ER, Cowland5, Guelphia, Ambrok, Laughterandsunshine, Mojaguay, Gary Neville, Lardon Atya, Stormaen, SetiCrunchers, Rhuztovkia, Firefights, New Vinland, Turrican, Lutsen, The United Republic States of Newland, Mesocricetus Auratus Peninsula, Jamberry, Liarg, and Xaienia.