The Military Dictatorship of Higsantium is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Higs with an iron fist, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 18.576 billion Higsantiumians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Higsantium City. The average income tax rate is 97.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Higsantiumian economy, worth a remarkable 6,174 trillion holy hand grenades a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 332,387 holy hand grenades, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Legions of police officers force people to move into massive urban apartments, the military is blowing up any threat to employment within the nation, the nation has always been at war with Bigtopia, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Higsantium's national animal is the vorpal bunny, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Cult of Higs.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Higsantium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative (last census: Top 10%).
- : Higsantium lost the endorsement of The Democratic States of Canatana.
- : Higsantium's influence in Canada fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Higsantium's influence in Canada rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Following new legislation in Higsantium, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Higsantium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- : Higsantium was endorsed by The Democratic States of Canatana.
- : Following new legislation in Higsantium, the nation has always been at war with Bigtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Higsantium, the military is blowing up any threat to employment within the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Higsantium, legions of police officers force people to move into massive urban apartments.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Devil Heart, Parkplace, Almonaster Nuevo, SLAM-ER, Cowland5, Guelphia, Ambrok, Laughterandsunshine, Mojaguay, Stormaen, SetiCrunchers, Rhuztovkia, Firefights, New Vinland, Lutsen, Mesocricetus Auratus Peninsula, Jamberry, Ginema, Mirahge, and Orthus Mundus.