“There is no order without obedience.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Instigator
The Military Dictatorship of Higsantium is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Higs with an iron fist, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 16.696 billion Higsantiumians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Higsantium City. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Billions of holy hand grenades are being blown on orbital weapons development, government popup ads are springing up like weeds, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and employers may fire workers without giving any reason. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Higsantium's national animal is the vorpal bunny, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is The Cult of Higs, and its currency is the holy hand grenade.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Higsantium was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 4 days ago: Higsantium's influence in Canada rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 7 days ago: Higsantium's influence in Canada fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, government popup ads are springing up like weeds.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, billions of holy hand grenades are being blown on orbital weapons development.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
- 13 days ago: Higsantium was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Higsantium, much of Higsantium's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Esselldee, Devil Heart, Parkplace, Aslanistan, Almonaster Nuevo, SLAM-ER, Cowland5, Guelphia, Goose-ada, Ambrok, Laughterandsunshine, Mojaguay, Gary Neville, South Pezalia, Lardon Atya, Jamberry, Stormaen, SetiCrunchers, Rhuztovkia, Firefights, Raincouver, Tigults, New Vinland, Mississippi Islands, Turrican, Wolfgangmn, Drummond and Elmsley, Lutsen, Ayvuir, Aboriginal Sailors of Hudson Bay, San Francesco Bay, Westgothia, and Nunavut Republic.