“I'm getting a bad feeling about this”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Hippy Haven
The Mostly Harmless Nation of Hicdarr is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Fearless Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 6.388 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Todry Dam. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, the Hicdarr Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon', dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Hicdarr's national animal is the Bugblatter beast, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the bitcoin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Hicdarr approved the World Assembly proposal "World Conservatory".
- 6 hours ago: Hicdarr approved the World Assembly proposal "Right of Dissent".
- 6 hours ago: Hicdarr approved the World Assembly proposal "Banned Books Week".
- 6 hours ago: Hicdarr voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
- 6 hours ago: Hicdarr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Hicdarr, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Hicdarr endorsed The People's Party of Okijima Rulz.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Hicdarr approved the World Assembly proposal "Sexual Education Act".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Hicdarr approved the World Assembly proposal "Protecting Migratory Animals".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Hicdarr approved the World Assembly proposal "Medical Inviolability Compact".
Endorsements Received: 21 » St Stephen n Critters, Stoulgrove, Bonghit Falls, Xarnonia, Mikaclysm, Liberweed, Makiland, Gamer world, Phish, Ajeuizikan, Regenburg, Dannish Empire, Hellawi, Odds and ends, The Nation of Orpheus, Solai, The Druidic Circle, Hutzovina, Astrum Nigrum, NovaTora, and Stroznia.