The Mostly Harmless Nation of Hicdarr is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Fearless Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.242 billion Hicdarrians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Todry Dam. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Hicdarrian economy, worth 856 trillion bitcoins a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 103,920 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, euthanasia is legal, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, and Hicdarr is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime is totally unknown. Hicdarr's national animal is the Bugblatter beast, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Hicdarr was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 5 days ago: Hicdarr was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Hicdarr, Hicdarr is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 5 days ago: Hicdarr endorsed The Kingdom of Cthuluhu Isle.
- 5 days ago: Hicdarr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Luna Amore".
- 5 days ago: Hicdarr voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Genetically Modified Foods"".
- 5 days ago: Hicdarr endorsed The Free Land of IceWorlD.
- 9 days ago: Hicdarr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- 10 days ago: Hicdarr was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 11 days ago: Hicdarr voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act".
Endorsements Received: 15 » St Stephen n Critters, Stoulgrove, Bonghit Falls, Xarnonia, Mikaclysm, Makiland, Hellawi, Solai, NovaTora, Bazuka, Rozhira, Smorkf, Little Neutrino, The Nation of Orpheus, and Iburus.