The Mostly Harmless Nation of Hicdarr is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Fearless Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.186 billion Hicdarrians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Todry Dam. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Hicdarrian economy, worth 961 trillion bitcoins a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 104,645 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown. Hicdarr's national animal is the Bugblatter beast, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hicdarr fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Hicdarr fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Hicdarr fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Hicdarr was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: #1).
- : Hicdarr's influence in Hippy Haven fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Hicdarr's influence in Hippy Haven rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Hicdarr was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- : Hicdarr fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Hicdarr was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Hicdarr fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.