The Mostly Harmless Nation of Hicdarr is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Fearless Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.739 billion Hicdarrians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Todry Dam. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Hicdarrian economy, worth 914 trillion bitcoins a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 104,645 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown. Hicdarr's national animal is the Bugblatter beast, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 23 hours ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Hicdarr voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Hicdarr, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 5 days ago: Hicdarr endorsed The Organic Ganja Cooperative of Maoist Skunk Farmers.
- 5 days ago: Hicdarr's influence in Hippy Haven fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 8 days ago: Hicdarr was endorsed by The Organic Ganja Cooperative of Maoist Skunk Farmers.
- 8 days ago: Hicdarr was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Hicdarr, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- 11 days ago: Hicdarr approved the World Assembly proposal "Cleaner Manufacturing".
- 11 days ago: Hicdarr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Responsible Arms Trading"".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Hicdarr, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
Endorsements Received: 26 » St Stephen n Critters, Stoulgrove, Bonghit Falls, Xarnonia, Mikaclysm, Makiland, Hellawi, Solai, NovaTora, Bazuka, Rozhira, Smorkf, Little Neutrino, The Nation of Orpheus, Minglewood, Urto, San Cannabis, Valle Peligna, Baroneism, Agannir, Eltrym, Redspread, New Arcadian States, Pure minded naturalist, Roasted Melons, and Maoist Skunk Farmers.