“I'm getting a bad feeling about this”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Hippy Haven
The Mostly Harmless Nation of Hicdarr is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Fearless Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.922 billion Hicdarrians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Todry Dam. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Private law firms are unheard of, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, graffiti graces every city's streets, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Hicdarr's national animal is the Bugblatter beast, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the bitcoin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 2 hours ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Hicdarr voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Hicdarr endorsed The Federation of Republic of Homo Sapiens.
- 4 days ago: Hicdarr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Hicdarr, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 5 days ago: Hicdarr voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 6 days ago: Hicdarr approved the World Assembly proposal "Ban on Bills of Attainder".
- 7 days ago: Hicdarr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".
- 9 days ago: Hicdarr was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Rozhira.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Hicdarr, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 9 days ago: Hicdarr approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
Endorsements Received: 22 » St Stephen n Critters, Stoulgrove, Bonghit Falls, Xarnonia, Mikaclysm, Liberweed, Makiland, Gamer world, Phish, Dannish Empire, Hellawi, The Nation of Orpheus, Solai, Astrum Nigrum, NovaTora, Stroznia, Okijima Rulz, TexAnna Land, Ginsenburg, Bazuka, Communist Group, and Rozhira.