“I'm getting a bad feeling about this”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Hippy Haven
The Mostly Harmless Nation of Hicdarr is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Fearless Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service. The compassionate, intelligent population of 7.5 billion Hicdarrians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Todry Dam. The average income tax rate is 88%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", military funding has been stripped back, Hicdarr's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, and dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Hicdarr's national animal is the Bugblatter beast, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the bitcoin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Hicdarr voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Hobbesistan"".
- 3 hours ago: Hicdarr endorsed The Net-Neutral Paradise of Gamer world.
- 3 hours ago: Hicdarr endorsed The Revolutionary Republic of Soviestan.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Hicdarr approved the World Assembly proposal "Develop Cure for CRD".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Hicdarr, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- 6 days ago: Hicdarr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 6 days ago: Hicdarr voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 10 days ago: Hicdarr fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 10 days ago: Hicdarr fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 10 days ago: Hicdarr approved the World Assembly proposal "Rules of Surrender".