The Great Heroist Nation of Heroism is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, state-planned economy, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 4.753 billion Heroists have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 72.6%.
The strong Heroist economy, worth 228 trillion Abilities a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Soda Sales, and Trout Farming. Average income is 48,118 Abilities, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, and the rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Heroism's national animal is the Villain, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Heroism's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Heroism's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Heroism's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Heroism relocated from Balder to The East Pacific.
- : Heroism was refounded in Balder.
- : Heroism ceased to exist.
- : Heroism was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Heroism's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Heroism's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Heroism relocated from Lazarus to The East Pacific.