The Unitarian Republic of Hellcat Nation is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Supreme Commander Robert James Fillmore with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 9.582 billion Hellcions are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atlantis. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The large but stagnant Hellcat Nationian economy, worth 161 trillion Credits a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 16,883 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, warfare increasingly resembles a video game, the government is reining in public spending, and politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hellcat Nation's national animal is the Silverback Panther, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christian Path to Ascension.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 6 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Hellcat Nation was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hellcat Nation, politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hellcat Nation, the government is reining in public spending.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Hellcat Nation agreed to construct embassies between The South and Dill Country.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hellcat Nation, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hellcat Nation, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- 4 days ago: Hellcat Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Hellcat Nation, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Atlantis.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Hellcat Nation, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Hellcat Nation, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Resistance Fighters.