“Live, Propser, Wonder”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: United Kingdom of Britain
The Commonwealth of Helertia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 9.651 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Babelyia. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, politicians are to be found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, and national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Helertia's national animal is the Bluejay, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Carpatia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 21 days ago: Helertia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 59 days ago: Helertia fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 69 days ago: Helertia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 87 days ago: Helertia resigned from the World Assembly.
- 108 days ago: Helertia altered its national flag.
- 169 days ago: Helertia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- 172 days ago: Following new legislation in Helertia, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys'.
- 185 days ago: Helertia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 187 days ago: Helertia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 187 days ago: Following new legislation in Helertia, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.