“What's right is right”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The World-Famous Bar and Grill of Hekik is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Rusty Shackleford with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.004 billion Hekikians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bagley. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 83%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, manual labourers must be willing to have cybernetic limbs to get a job, and the government subsidizes everything from particle physics to fabric softeners. Crime is totally unknown. Hekik's national animal is the ape, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the brat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Hekik was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Hekik was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Hekik was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
- 8 days ago: Hekik was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Hekik fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 11 days ago: Hekik was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Hekik was endorsed by The Kingdom of Hemingford.
- 24 days ago: Hekik was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 25 days ago: Hekik was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 37 days ago: Following new legislation in Hekik, the government subsidizes everything from particle physics to fabric softeners.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Blackshear41, Yaorozu, Groovistan, Andromeda Islands, Novare Res, Former English Colony, Democatic Donkeys, Great Bights Mum, Whereisthatistan, McMasterdonia, Grosseschnauzer, Calamazo, Everywheristan, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Ator People, Alunya, Rukonia, Olvern, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, God n Country n Byron, Jefffliu, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Pasargad, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Macworld, 007James Bond, Lokarth, Wisconsota, and Lionia.