“What's right is right”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The World-Famous Bar and Grill of Hekik is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Rusty Shackleford with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.455 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bagley. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 80%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, the government is avowedly atheist, prison visits increase substantially during election years, and truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news. Crime is well under control. Hekik's national animal is the ape, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the brat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Hekik was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 6 days ago: Hekik was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Temberin.
- 10 days ago: Hekik was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Hekik, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Hekik, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Hekik, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Hekik, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Hekik, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Hekik, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- 15 days ago: Hekik voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
Endorsements Received: 31 » Blackshear41, Yaorozu, Groovistan, Andromeda Islands, Novare Res, Former English Colony, Mariensbergian Principality, Democatic Donkeys, Great Bights Mum, Avalon, Whereisthatistan, McMasterdonia, Grosseschnauzer, Calamazo, Everywheristan, Emmerian Republic, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Wisconsota, Ator People, Alunya, Rukonia, Olvern, Moany Old Gits, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, Bump And Grind, God n Country n Byron, Jefffliu, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, and Pasargad.