“What's right is right”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The World-Famous Bar and Grill of Hekik is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Rusty Shackleford with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 5.442 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bagley. The average income tax rate is 71%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, Hekik successfully hosted the The North Pacific Olympics, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Hekik's national animal is the ape, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the brat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 17 hours ago: Hekik was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 4 days ago: Hekik was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 6 days ago: Hekik was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Hekik, traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Hekik, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Hekik, Hekik successfully hosted the The North Pacific Olympics.
- 6 days ago: Hekik voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 6 days ago: Hekik endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Love Song.
- 6 days ago: Hekik endorsed The Evangelical Flemingovianist of McMasterdonia.
- 6 days ago: Hekik was endorsed by The Evangelical Flemingovianist of McMasterdonia.
Endorsements Received: 21 (Blackshear41, Yaorozu, Groovistan, Troibroin, Blue Wolf II, Andromeda Islands, Zemnaya Svoboda, Novare Res, Former English Colony, Wisconsota, Mariensbergian Principality, Jamie Anumia, Democatic Donkeys, Great Bights Mum, Jeiji, Avalon, Love Song, Kiwitaicho, General COE, Iwin, McMasterdonia)