“Ta Muid Saor”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Republic of Hegstoria is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Shepherd with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.445 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chathair Bhaile. The average income tax rate is 78%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, and mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hegstoria's national animal is the Falcon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Airgeadra.
Most Recent Government Activity: 28 days ago
- 6 days ago: Hegstoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 12 days ago: Hegstoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Hegstoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 14 days ago: Hegstoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 16 days ago: Hegstoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 28 days ago: Hegstoria was refounded in Balder.
- 200 days ago: Hegstoria ceased to exist.
- 205 days ago: Hegstoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 208 days ago: Hegstoria fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 263 days ago: Hegstoria fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.