The United Federation of Hatsunia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by fans of Hatsune Miku with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.176 billion Hatsunese people hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miraito. The average income tax rate is 8.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Hatsunese economy, worth a remarkable 1,139 trillion Hatsunese yen a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 139,403 Hatsunese yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, surveillance cameras are banned, school uniforms are compulsory, and major internet servers have acquired citizenship. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Hatsunia's national animal is the hayabusa, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hatsunia updated the World Factbook entry in Neo Otaku Utopia.
- : Hatsunia fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Hatsunia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Hatsunia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Hatsunia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Hatsunia agreed to construct embassies between Neo Otaku Utopia and The Freedom Domain.
- : Hatsunia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Hatsunia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Hatsunia, major internet servers have acquired citizenship.
- : Following new legislation in Hatsunia, school uniforms are compulsory.