The Commonwealth of Hardenburgh is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by William Blackwood with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed population of 11.444 billion Hardenburghians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asguard. The average income tax rate is 21.4%.
The powerhouse Hardenburghian economy, worth a remarkable 1,282 trillion kroners a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Automobile Manufacturing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 112,024 kroners, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The internet has been placed under government control, a punitive tax has been placed on harmful emissions, racial supremacists indulge their wildest fantasies in cinemas and theatres across the nation, and people are arrested for looking too sternly at whales. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hardenburgh's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 13 days ago: Hardenburgh fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 19 days ago: Hardenburgh updated the World Factbook entry in Valeria.
- 21 days ago: Hardenburgh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 25 days ago: Hardenburgh was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 27 days ago: Hardenburgh altered the regional flag of Valeria.
- 29 days ago: Hardenburgh fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 33 days ago: Hardenburgh agreed to construct embassies between Valeria and Avadam Inn.
- 44 days ago: Hardenburgh fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 58 days ago: Hardenburgh altered the regional flag of Valeria.
- 58 days ago: Hardenburgh lodged a message on the Valeria Regional Message Board.