“ Initium Sapientiae Timor Domini”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Commonwealth of Hardenburgh is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by William Blackwood with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed population of 10.936 billion Hardenburghians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asguard. The average income tax rate is 19.9%.
The powerhouse Hardenburghian economy, worth a remarkable 1,240 trillion kroners a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Automobile Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 113,470 kroners, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The internet has been placed under government control, a punitive tax has been placed on harmful emissions, racial supremacists indulge their wildest fantasies in cinemas and theatres across the nation, and people are arrested for looking too sternly at whales. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hardenburgh's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Hardenburgh altered its national flag.
- 5 days ago: Hardenburgh fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 15 days ago: Hardenburgh fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 16 days ago: Hardenburgh was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Hardenburgh fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 22 days ago: Hardenburgh fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 29 days ago: Hardenburgh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 29 days ago: Hardenburgh lodged a message on the Valeria Regional Message Board.
- 36 days ago: Hardenburgh fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 36 days ago: Hardenburgh lodged a message on the Valeria Regional Message Board.