The Commonwealth of Hardenburgh is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by William Blackwood with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed population of 13.808 billion Hardenburghians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asguard. The average income tax rate is 21.3%.
The powerhouse Hardenburghian economy, worth a remarkable 1,549 trillion kroners a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Automobile Manufacturing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 112,230 kroners, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The internet has been placed under government control, a punitive tax has been placed on harmful emissions, racial supremacists indulge their wildest fantasies in cinemas and theatres across the nation, and people are arrested for looking too sternly at whales. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hardenburgh's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hardenburgh's influence in Valeria rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Hardenburgh's influence in Valeria rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Hardenburgh's influence in Valeria rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Hardenburgh was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Hardenburgh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Hardenburgh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Hardenburgh was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector and the Top 5% for Largest Populations, Largest Black Market, Most Politically Apathetic Citizens, and Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Hardenburgh fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Hardenburgh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Hardenburgh fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Inclusive.