The Commonwealth of Hanoveria is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Francis Hannigan with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 5.996 billion Hanoverians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hawkesbury. The average income tax rate is 6.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hanoverian economy, worth 534 trillion Pence a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 89,065 Pence, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, and factories grind to a halt every time there is an election. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Hanoveria's national animal is the Wendell Seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hanoveria, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Following new legislation in Hanoveria, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : Following new legislation in Hanoveria, mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past.
- : Hanoveria relocated from Lazarus to British Isles.
- : Hanoveria was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Hanoveria ceased to exist.
- : Hanoveria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Hanoveria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Hanoveria fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Hanoveria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.