The People's Republic of Handiyan is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Juarez with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.964 billion Handiyanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Handiyan City. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Handiyanian economy, worth 108 trillion Santans a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 36,772 Santans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, children are raised bilingual from an early age, newborns are being raised as mindless killing machines, and the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Handiyan's national animal is the Black Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Handiyan was refounded in Osiris.
- 226 days ago: Handiyan ceased to exist.
- 227 days ago: Handiyan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 240 days ago: Handiyan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 10%).
- 243 days ago: Handiyan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 248 days ago: Handiyan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 249 days ago: Handiyan fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 249 days ago: Handiyan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 250 days ago: Handiyan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 253 days ago: Handiyan relocated from The Republic Alliance to The Rejected Realms.