The Republic of Hamstery is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.283 billion Hamsterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Davetown. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The sizeable but stagnant Hamsteryian economy, worth 68.8 trillion Seeds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 8,300 Seeds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, military funding has been stripped back, nude art is becoming wildly popular, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hamstery's national animal is the Hamster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 14 hours ago
- 17 hours ago: Hamstery was endorsed by The Principality of The Andorran Nation.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Hamstery was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Hamstery voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Bear Arms".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, military funding has been stripped back.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, local executives are seen on the corner with cardboard signs reading "will oppress the masses for food".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Hamstery endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Kauderia.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Foucaults garden, Jenesia, Ecclestia, The City-State of Vienna, Holy Order of Justice, Polonilandia, The Seven Provinces, Imperium Anglorum, Eurosceptic Citizens, Basque Dominion, Lexembourg, Outer Sparta, Falvaard, Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Wombelland, Pinderia, Aldland, Wartoc, Lonely Star Nation, United Dragons, Satan Bear, The Lair of the Mothman, Forgotton Warriors, Ligenburg, Mulderanian Empire, Abrutus Etto, Kauderia, and The Andorran Nation.