The Republic of Hamstery is a colossal, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, hatred of cheese, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.113 billion Hamsterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Davetown. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The large but underdeveloped Hamsteryian economy, worth 499 trillion Seeds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,609 Seeds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, army uniforms are replaced en masse to accommodate adult soldiers, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and guns are banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hamstery's national animal is the Hamster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 8 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Hamstery was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 4 hours ago: Hamstery was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Forgotton Warriors.
- 4 hours ago: Hamstery was endorsed by The Borderlands of The Lair of the Mothman.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Hamstery was endorsed by The Protectorate of Satan Bear.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, guns are banned.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, army uniforms are replaced en masse to accommodate adult soldiers.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Hamstery endorsed The Kingdom of Wartoc.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Hamstery endorsed The United States of Lonely Star Nation.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Foucaults garden, Jenesia, Ecclestia, The City-State of Vienna, Holy Order of Justice, Polonilandia, The Seven Provinces, Imperium Anglorum, Celtia Cymru, Eurosceptic Citizens, Basque Dominion, Lexembourg, Outer Sparta, Falvaard, Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Merviengrad, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Wombelland, Pinderia, Aldland, Wartoc, Lonely Star Nation, United Dragons, Satan Bear, The Lair of the Mothman, and Forgotton Warriors.