The Republic of Hamstery is a colossal, genial nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.954 billion Hamsterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Davetown. The average income tax rate is 98.9%.
The large but underdeveloped Hamsteryian economy, worth 501 trillion Seeds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 63,029 Seeds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons, Hamstery has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hamstery's national animal is the Hamster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 20 hours ago
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Hamstery fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Hamstery fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Hamstery was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, military funding has been stripped back.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, Hamstery has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Hamstery voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Historia Novorum".
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Hamstery endorsed The Confederacy of Wundaskenael.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Foucaults garden, Jenesia, Ecclestia, The City-State of Vienna, Holy Order of Justice, Polonilandia, The Seven Provinces, Imperium Anglorum, Celtia Cymru, Eurosceptic Citizens, Basque Dominion, Lexembourg, Outer Sparta, Falvaard, Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Merviengrad, Wundaskenael, and Nova Luna.