The Republic of Hamstery is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.664 billion Hamsterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Education, with Social Policy, Environment, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Davetown. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The sizeable but stagnant Hamsteryian economy, worth 72.9 trillion Seeds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 8,413 Seeds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, and Hamstery's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hamstery's national animal is the Hamster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hamstery was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Hamstery was endorsed by The Free Land of Tuccistahn.
- : Hamstery was endorsed by The Republic of Bohomo.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, Hamstery's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- : Hamstery voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prohibiting Animal Abuse"".
- : Hamstery was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, a government program is underway to revitalize Hamstery's beaches.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Foucaults garden, Jenesia, Ecclestia, The City-State of Vienna, Polonilandia, The Seven Provinces, Imperium Anglorum, Eurosceptic Citizens, Basque Dominion, Lexembourg, Outer Sparta, Falvaard, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Wombelland, Aldland, United Dragons, Satan Bear, Mulderanian Empire, Kauderia, Eufland, Prinx, Vice Lands, Troltovia, Quantum Instability, Bohomo, Tuccistahn, and Continental Social Democrats.