The Republic of Hamstery is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its daily referendums, smutty television, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.091 billion Hamsterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Davetown. The average income tax rate is 99.0%.
The sizeable but stagnant Hamsteryian economy, worth 77.3 trillion Seeds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 8,507 Seeds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, and recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hamstery's national animal is the Hamster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hamstery was endorsed by The Riocht Dleathach of Fenian Provinces.
- : Hamstery was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- : Hamstery voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Hamstery voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : Hamstery endorsed The Federation of East Arc.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Foucaults garden, Jenesia, The City-State of Vienna, The Seven Provinces, Imperium Anglorum, Eurosceptic Citizens, Basque Dominion, Lexembourg, Falvaard, Wombelland, Aldland, Prinx, Troltovia, Bohomo, Continental Social Democrats, Woschia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Feux, Polonilandia, Nordicana, Tuccistahn, East Arc, Hitokiri, and Fenian Provinces.