“Squeak, and the world squeaks with you.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Hamstery is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.093 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Davetown. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime is totally unknown. Hamstery's national animal is the Hamster, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Seed.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Hamstery was endorsed by The Freeland of Ancient Dacia.
- 5 days ago: Hamstery was endorsed by The Free Land of Puerto Thelosia.
- 5 days ago: Hamstery lost the endorsement of The Grand Principality of Nova Prutenia.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Hamstery, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- 12 days ago: Hamstery was endorsed by The Republic of Pesaro and Urbino.
- 14 days ago: Hamstery fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 19 days ago: Hamstery fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Jenesia, Nou Occitania, Alsted, Eurosceptic Citizens, Short shorts, Saconian, Lexembourg, Stromia, The City-State of Vienna, Ascara, Kroinengin, Beauvoir, Chiolena, Ivernia, The Kingdom of Germania, Nuweland, The Seven Provinces, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, Drenetharada, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Norway and Iceland, Fenian Provinces, Multatuli, Greater Konigsberg, Jon4de85, Grasaland, Artotzka, Strajalands, Foucaults garden, New Brussland, Isolationist countries, Pesaro and Urbino, Puerto Thelosia, and Ancient Dacia.