“Hamsters are cute”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Hamsterland is a massive, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed population of 1.613 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hamsterland City. The average income tax rate is 45%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Pizza Delivery.
The studies of art and philosophy are banned, CDs are regularly copy-protected, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Hamsterland City, and suburban families are finding themselves increasingly short on food as they waste precious water on their lawns. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hamsterland's national animal is the Hamster, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Seed.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 9 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Hamsterland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 5 days ago: Hamsterland was refounded in Balder.
- 69 days ago: Hamsterland ceased to exist.
- 98 days ago: Hamsterland was refounded.
- 192 days ago: Hamsterland ceased to exist.
- 220 days ago: Hamsterland changed its national capital to "Hamsterland City".
- 220 days ago: Hamsterland was refounded.
- 237 days ago: Hamsterland ceased to exist.
- 261 days ago: Hamsterland fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 283 days ago: Hamsterland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.