“Slowly going nowhere”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Surreal Progressive Paradise of Hamme is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Johan-Carl Van Wuiten-Gotha with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 20.382 billion Hams have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hammeborg. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, the government has hired out-of-work fashion designers to design purses for men, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, and all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society. Crime is totally unknown. Hamme's national animal is the Belgian Waffle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the BEF.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 2 hours ago: Hamme was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Noord-Gistelhof.
- 5 days ago: Hamme was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: #1).
- 10 days ago: Hamme was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Hamme fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 20 days ago: Hamme was endorsed by The The all-powerful warrior of Mobutu Sese Seko.
- 21 days ago: Hamme was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 1%).
- 21 days ago: Hamme was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Hamme changed its national demonym to "Ham".
- 24 days ago: Hamme voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Panem".
- 24 days ago: Hamme lodged a message on the Belgium Regional Message Board.