“I mo thuairimse, dá bhrí sin, tá mé”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Imperial Nation of Haldasia is a huge, economically powerful nation, ruled by Vincent Colpeper with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 801 million, all of whom are zombies, Haldasians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bá Ciarraí. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Fine dining is just too fine for most of the populace, the HBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, and the nation leads Occitania in per capita stalking. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Haldasia's national animal is the Irish Wolfhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is There is no religion, and its currency is the Occitan Euro.
Haldasia is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.00%
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Haldasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Haldasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Haldasia was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Haldasia, the nation leads Occitania in per capita stalking.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Haldasia, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Haldasia, the HBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Haldasia, fine dining is just too fine for most of the populace.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Haldasia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The International Communist Union"".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Haldasia, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Haldasia, a large percentage of the poor live from cradle to grave in subterranean wage slavery.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Albensburg.