The Dictatorship of Hafez al-Assad is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mr Al-Assad with an iron fist, and notable for its triple-decker prams, compulsory military service, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 12.144 billion Hafez al-Assadians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Damascus. The average income tax rate is 66.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hafez al-Assadian economy, worth a remarkable 1,760 trillion monies a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 144,927 monies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, underground copulation clubs have sprung up in major cities, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hafez al-Assad's national animal is the fly, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hafez al-Assad's influence in Poland rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Hafez al-Assad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Hafez al-Assad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed and Largest Mining Sector.
- : Hafez al-Assad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Hafez al-Assad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Hafez al-Assad's influence in Poland rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Hafez al-Assad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 10% for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Hafez al-Assad voted for The Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas in Round 3 of the election.
- : Hafez al-Assad voted for The Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas in Round 2 of the election.
- : Hafez al-Assad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.