“Human heart at fault for world corruption”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Democratic Republic of Hacame is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.195 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Public Transport, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aemaeth. The average income tax rate is 46%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, guns are banned, discarded pennies litter the streets, and the arms industry is strictly regulated. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hacame's national animal is the Falcon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Unit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 12 hours ago
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hacame, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hacame, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hacame, guns are banned.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Hacame, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 7 days ago: Hacame endorsed The GRO of Anime Daisuki.
- 7 days ago: Hacame was endorsed by The GRO of Anime Daisuki.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Hacame, euthanasia is illegal.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Hacame, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Hacame, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Hacame, eminent domain has been abolished.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Spadanera, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Solleana, Osea Island, Lubnid, Cammiwoo, Republic of VEW, Rex Republic, Imperial Royal Union, Northern Koryeo, Thomason, Kelvinski, Anollasia, Biblical Importance, Chronopolice, Dendor, The imperial state of Japan, The United Libertarian regions, Benevolent Thomas, Coreras, and Naarang.