The Water Bottles are Full of H2SO4 is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory vegetarianism, state-planned economy, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 26.081 billion H2SO4ians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Floor 229. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant H2SO4ian economy, worth 884 trillion Leon Jackson CDS a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 33,925 Leon Jackson CDS, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People take government jobs for the frequent flier miles, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, the government is cracking down on subversive groups, and politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. H2SO4's national animal is the Thai Chicken, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 19 hours ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: H2SO4 fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: H2SO4 fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 9 days ago: H2SO4 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: H2SO4 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 1%).
- 41 days ago: H2SO4 was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 41 days ago: H2SO4 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 43 days ago: H2SO4 fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Godforsaken.
- 43 days ago: H2SO4 fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 44 days ago: H2SO4 relocated from Balder to Antarctica.
- 44 days ago: H2SO4 was refounded in Balder.