The Canaanite Democratic Haven of Gwrrrrr is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Executive Director Austin Walls with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The quiet, industrious population of 8.735 billion Gwrrrrrians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Poreggon. The average income tax rate is 78.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Gwrrrrrian economy, worth 490 trillion Sirends a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 56,130 Sirends, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, teenagers are severely punished for being out too late, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, and the Dewey is a protected species. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gwrrrrr's national animal is the Dewey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gwrrrrr proposed constructing embassies between The Unified Christians Alliance and Res Publica Catholicae Borgiae.
- : Gwrrrrr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Researching Unique Ecosystems".
- : Gwrrrrr lodged a message on the The Unified Christians Alliance Regional Message Board.
- : Gwrrrrr created a new poll in The Unified Christians Alliance: "Regional Protection Act".
- : Gwrrrrr rejected a request from Aperture Science Innovators for an embassy with The Unified Christians Alliance.
- : Gwrrrrr approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Vancouvia".
- : Gwrrrrr published "Necessary and Proper Act" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Gwrrrrr approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Bitely".
- : Gwrrrrr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Gwrrrrr rejected a request from POLATION for an embassy with The Unified Christians Alliance.