“Land of Unity, Home of the Peaceful”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United Utopian States of Gwondalin is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Jeroen I with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.657 billion enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperia. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, abortions are routinely performed in Gwondalin's hospitals, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown. Gwondalin's national animal is the Silver Eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Gwondalin Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Gwondalin was endorsed by The Former Delegate of McMasterdonia.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Gwondalin was endorsed by The Borderlands of Iwin.
- 6 days ago: Gwondalin was endorsed by The Minister of Defense of Kiwitaicho.
- 6 days ago: Gwondalin was endorsed by The Maritime Explorer of General COE.
- 11 days ago: Gwondalin was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Love Song.
- 15 days ago: Gwondalin was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Gwondalin, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Gwondalin, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Gwondalin, abortions are routinely performed in Gwondalin's hospitals.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Gwondalin, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
Endorsements Received: 57 (Yaorozu, Grosseschnauzer, Kitabo, Groovistan, Moany Old Gits, Enif, Zzzaaa, Great Bights Mum, Herzliyya, Novare Res, Former English Colony, Markdegrey, Pasargad, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Ermarian, Blackshear41, Corrigador, Frenulumnia, Blue Wolf II, Whereisthatistan, Eumbner, Everywheristan, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Neosocialists, New haven america, Boadiccea, Oilgarchy, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ator People, Alice Gardens, Marscuponiland, TheImpaler, Scotstan, Troibroin, Esponnise, Blue Notropolis, Kingdom Of Marvin, The Exile within, Mariensbergian Principality, Dartala, Lucamania, Tigerilla, Jamie Anumia, Democratic Republic of England, Deutronesia, Zion-Talmasca, Viarizi, Abs123, Casal Centeio, Avalon, Love Song, General COE, Kiwitaicho, Iwin, McMasterdonia)