“If you have nothing to say about hockey, I aint talking”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Freedom Empire of Guptalarian is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Prime Minister Ravi Gupta with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.482 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beaverton. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, and the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Guptalarian after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax. Crime is totally unknown. Guptalarian's national animal is the Beaver, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Guptalarian National Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 7 days ago: Guptalarian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Guptalarian fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 10 days ago: Guptalarian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 26 days ago: Guptalarian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Guptalarian fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 41 days ago: Guptalarian was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 46 days ago: Guptalarian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- 46 days ago: Guptalarian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 50 days ago: Guptalarian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Crime Victims".
- 51 days ago: Guptalarian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).