The Channel Island States of Guernsey Land is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minster Freeman with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 4.869 billion Guerns have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Peter Port City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 49.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Guernsey Landian economy, worth 562 trillion Guernsey Pound Sterlings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 115,616 Guernsey Pound Sterlings, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around St Peter Port City, and only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Guernsey Land's national animal is the Donkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Church of the Channel.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 16 hours ago
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Guernsey Land was refounded in Balder.
- 61 days ago: Guernsey Land ceased to exist.
- 63 days ago: Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 78 days ago: Guernsey Land fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 81 days ago: Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 82 days ago: Guernsey Land fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 89 days ago: Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 100 days ago: Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 103 days ago: Guernsey Land voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 103 days ago: Guernsey Land voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".