The Channel Island States of Guernsey Land is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minster Freeman with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, unlimited-speed roads, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.411 billion Guerns have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Peter Port City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 49.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Guernsey Landian economy, worth 625 trillion Guernsey Pound Sterlings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 115,616 Guernsey Pound Sterlings, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around St Peter Port City, and only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Guernsey Land's national animal is the Donkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Church of the Channel.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Guernsey Land fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Guernsey Land fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Guernsey Land was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Guernsey Land ceased to exist.
- : Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Guernsey Land fell out of the world Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- : Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Guernsey Land fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Guernsey Land fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.