The Channel Island States of Guernsey Land is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minster Freeman with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, unlimited-speed roads, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.485 billion Guerns have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Peter Port City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 48.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Guernsey Landian economy, worth 636 trillion Guernsey Pound Sterlings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 115,998 Guernsey Pound Sterlings, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around St Peter Port City, and only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Guernsey Land's national animal is the Donkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Church of the Channel.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Guernsey Land's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Guernsey Land's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Guernsey Land's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Guernsey Land's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens, Most Average, Largest Manufacturing Sector, Largest Black Market, and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Guernsey Land was refounded in Osiris.
- : Guernsey Land ceased to exist.
- : Guernsey Land fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Guernsey Land fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Guernsey Land was refounded in Lazarus.