“A nation is shaped by the people, not the government.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Channel Island States of Guernsey Land is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minster Freeman with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.775 billion Guerns have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Peter Port City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.
Citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around St Peter Port City, and only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Guernsey Land's national animal is the Donkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is The Church of the Channel, and its currency is the Guernsey Pound Sterling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 4 days ago: Guernsey Land fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 7 days ago: Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 8 days ago: Guernsey Land fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 15 days ago: Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 26 days ago: Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 30 days ago: Guernsey Land voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 30 days ago: Guernsey Land voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".
- 39 days ago: Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 40 days ago: Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 49 days ago: Guernsey Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 1 » Luxativia.