The Union of GTCJ is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Gregory Austin with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and hatred of cheese. The cynical, devout population of 9.264 billion Gileadans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous government prioritizes Law & Order, although Defense, Education, and Spirituality are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Genoa. The average income tax rate is 85.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gileadan economy, worth 968 trillion Aureuses a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 104,531 Aureuses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, vaccinations are mandatory, and the most common psychiatric diagnosis is to 'stop whining and grow up'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GTCJ's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GTCJ lodged a message on the The Supreme Union Regional Message Board.
- : GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : GTCJ fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : GTCJ was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Starliza.
- : GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : GTCJ fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : GTCJ was endorsed by The Regnum Valkaniae of Valkany.
- : GTCJ fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.