The United States of GTCJ is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Gregory Austin with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical, devout population of 8.663 billion Gileadans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of HeavenGate. The average income tax rate is 85.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gileadan economy, worth 890 trillion Quopeses a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 102,753 Quopeses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, abortions are routinely performed in GTCJ's hospitals, and schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GTCJ's national animal is the Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: GTCJ lodged a message on the The Supreme Union Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: GTCJ fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 20 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 25 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 26 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 36 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 42 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 43 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.