The United States of GTCJ is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by President Gregory Austin with an iron fist, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical, devout population of 8.477 billion Gileadans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of HeavenGate. The average income tax rate is 85.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gileadan economy, worth 870 trillion Quopeses a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 102,678 Quopeses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, abortions are routinely performed in GTCJ's hospitals, and schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GTCJ's national animal is the Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 5 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 11 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 21 days ago: GTCJ's influence in The Supreme Union rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 23 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 40 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 40 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 48 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 48 days ago: GTCJ fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 57 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).