|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: The Supreme Union
The United States of GTCJ is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Gregory Austin with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, cynical population of 7.887 billion Gileadans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Defence and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of HeavenGate. The average income tax rate is 95%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, abortions are routinely performed in GTCJ's hospitals, and schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GTCJ's national animal is the Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Quopes.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 1 day 20 hours ago: GTCJ was endorsed by The Kingdom of Mareno.
- 4 days ago: GTCJ voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa Dreiundzwanzig".
- 5 days ago: GTCJ fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 7 days ago: GTCJ changed its national nation type to "United States".
- 8 days ago: GTCJ changed its national faith to "Christianity" and its leader to "President Gregory Austin".
- 11 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: GTCJ lodged a message on the The Supreme Union Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: GTCJ fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 12 days ago: GTCJ lodged a message on the The Supreme Union Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.