The Union of GTCJ is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by President Gregory Austin with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, hatred of cheese, and devotion to social welfare. The cynical, devout population of 9.651 billion Gileadans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Genoa. The average income tax rate is 86.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gileadan economy, worth a remarkable 1,024 trillion Aureuses a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,109 Aureuses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, vaccinations are mandatory, the most common psychiatric diagnosis is to 'stop whining and grow up', and Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GTCJ's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GTCJ was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- : GTCJ was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- : GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : GTCJ was ranked #1 in the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : GTCJ lodged a message on the The Supreme Union Regional Message Board.
- : GTCJ's influence in The Supreme Union rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : GTCJ was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- : GTCJ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : GTCJ's influence in The Supreme Union fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".