The Military Republic of GSSR is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Vladimir Petkov with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 10.887 billion Republicans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Almericia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 77.9%.
The strong GSSRian economy, worth a remarkable 1,548 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 142,242 Credits, with the richest citizens earning 8.6 times as much as the poorest.
The Eagle is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction, the only position a woman can hold is baby-maker, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, and oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GSSR's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Protestant Christianity.
GSSR is ranked 1st in UNSSR and 12,097th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 257 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in GSSR, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds.
- : Following new legislation in GSSR, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers.
- : Following new legislation in GSSR, the only position a woman can hold is baby-maker.
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : GSSR agreed to construct embassies between UNSSR and Israel.
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- : GSSR's influence in UNSSR fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : GSSR's influence in UNSSR rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : GSSR updated the World Factbook entry in UNSSR.
- : GSSR removed regional password protection from UNSSR.