The Military Republic of GSSR is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Vladimir Petkov with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 12.656 billion Republicans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Almericia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 78.2%.
The strong GSSRian economy, worth a remarkable 1,765 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 139,518 Credits, with the richest citizens earning 8.5 times as much as the poorest.
Oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies, and record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GSSR's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Protestant Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GSSR's influence in Osavaltio rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : GSSR relocated from Gssrs test region to Osavaltio.
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations, Largest Manufacturing Sector, Healthiest Citizens, and Largest Governments and the Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : GSSR's influence in Gssrs test region rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : GSSR relocated from Osiris to Gssrs test region.
- : GSSR founded the region Gssrs test region.
- : GSSR was refounded in Osiris.
- : GSSR ceased to exist.
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.