The Military Republic of GSSR is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Vladimir Petkov with an even hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, avowedly heterosexual populace, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 12.226 billion Republicans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Almericia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 78.2%.
The strong GSSRian economy, worth a remarkable 1,705 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 139,518 Credits, with the richest citizens earning 8.5 times as much as the poorest.
Oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies, and record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GSSR's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Protestant Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : GSSR's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : GSSR's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : GSSR's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : GSSR's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : GSSR was refounded in Balder.
- : GSSR ceased to exist.