The Military Republic of GSSR is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Vladimir Petkov with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, keen interest in outer space, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 10.551 billion Republicans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Almericia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 76.8%.
The very strong GSSRian economy, worth a remarkable 1,583 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 150,049 Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 440,275 per year while the poor average 40,311, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
The government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and the Eagle is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GSSR's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Protestant Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GSSR was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in GSSR, the Eagle is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction.
- : Following new legislation in GSSR, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Following new legislation in GSSR, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : GSSR lodged a message on the CSSR Regional Message Board.
- : GSSR fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : GSSR fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : GSSR fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.