The Military Republic of GSSR is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Vladimir Petkov with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 10.342 billion Republicans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Almericia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 76.4%.
The very strong GSSRian economy, worth a remarkable 1,560 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 150,927 Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 448,758 per year while the poor average 39,796, a ratio of 11.3 to 1.
Weathermen are being arrested for attempting to read the future, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, anti-government web sites are springing up, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GSSR's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Protestant Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : GSSR lodged a message on the CSSR Regional Message Board.
- : GSSR fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : GSSR fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : GSSR fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : GSSR's influence in CSSR fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : GSSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in GSSR, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- : Following new legislation in GSSR, anti-government web sites are springing up.