“Don't Tread On Me”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The United States of Grub is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 23.679 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grub City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Automobile Manufacturing industry.
Healthcare funding has been cut, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, and Grub has designated Grub City as its capital city. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Grub's national animal is the dolphin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the stubb.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 16 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Grub was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Grub updated the World Factbook entry in 10000 Islands.
- 11 days ago: Grub ejected The Holistic Empire of United Kingdom of Selesnia from 10000 Islands.
- 12 days ago: Grub fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 18 days ago: Grub was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average (last census: Top 5%).
- 20 days ago: Grub was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 29 days ago: Grub updated the World Factbook entry in 10000 Islands.
- 30 days ago: Grub updated the World Factbook entry in 10000 Islands.
- 37 days ago: Grub was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 38 days ago: Grub suppressed a post on the 10000 Islands regional message board.