“Thus For Science”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
The Grand Republic of Groundisred is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President René Leynaud with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-nosed population of 5.344 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veneum. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, and toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Groundisred's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Crescenzoism, and its currency is the Gaerde.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 19 hours ago: Groundisred lodged a message on the Beleriand Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Groundisred, toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Groundisred, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 4 days ago: Groundisred changed its national nation type to "Grand Republic".
- 8 days ago: Groundisred ejected and banned The Nomadic Peoples of Jedituv from Beleriand.
- 9 days ago: Groundisred added the tag "Pacifist" to Beleriand.
- 9 days ago: Groundisred added the tag "Democratic" to Beleriand.
- 9 days ago: Groundisred added the tag "Anti-Fascist" to Beleriand.
- 9 days ago: Groundisred added the tag "Conservative" to Beleriand.
- 9 days ago: Groundisred removed the tag "Invader" from Beleriand.