The CES Monkey's Republic of Grosse-merde is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Moudole SuprÍme with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 13.489 billion Grosse-merdeans are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 82.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Grosse-merdean economy, worth 100 trillion merdes a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Beef-Based Agriculture industry. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 7,466 merdes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Max Barry is this year's Miss Grosse-merde, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, renewable energy projects have ground to a halt, and the nation has always been at war with Bigtopia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grosse-merde's national animal is the merde, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Grosse-merde, the nation has always been at war with Bigtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Grosse-merde, renewable energy projects have ground to a halt.
- : Following new legislation in Grosse-merde, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.
- : Grosse-merde fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Grosse-merde's influence in The Grand Alliance fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Grosse-merde relocated from Osiris to The Grand Alliance.
- : Grosse-merde was refounded in Osiris.
- : Grosse-merde ceased to exist.
- : Grosse-merde fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Grosse-merde was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.