The Federal Republic of GroBdeutsches Reich is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Chancellor Aurora Dähler with a fair hand, and renowned for its ritual sacrifices, unlimited-speed roads, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 18.65 billion deutsche are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Welfare, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berlin. The average income tax rate is 86.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient grossdeutscher economy, worth a remarkable 2,913 trillion Euros a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 156,231 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hunters have been known to lose limbs while attempting to 'play tag' with their prey, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GroBdeutsches Reich's national animal is the Reichs Adler, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GroBdeutsches Reich was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- : GroBdeutsches Reich fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- : GroBdeutsches Reich fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : GroBdeutsches Reich fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : GroBdeutsches Reich was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : GroBdeutsches Reich fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : GroBdeutsches Reich relocated from Lazarus to European Union.
- : GroBdeutsches Reich was refounded in Lazarus.
- : GroBdeutsches Reich ceased to exist.
- : GroBdeutsches Reich was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).