“I'll have you hanged for treason”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Admiral of Greyfield is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.336 billion Greyfieldians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rubinelle. The average income tax rate is 37%, but much higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, followed by Door-to-door Insurance Sales and Pizza Delivery.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, the judicial branch is strongly influenced by major corporations, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime is well under control. Greyfield's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Monies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 11 hours ago
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Greyfield applied to join the World Assembly.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Greyfield relocated from Kolophon to Nugut.
- 4 days ago: Greyfield fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 6 days ago: Greyfield's influence in Kolophon fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 12 days ago: Greyfield's influence in Kolophon fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 14 days ago: Greyfield's influence in Kolophon fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 20 days ago: Greyfield's influence in Kolophon rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 21 days ago: Greyfield's influence in Kolophon rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 22 days ago: Greyfield's influence in Kolophon rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Greyfield, discarded pennies litter the streets.