The Empire of Grellania is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Ruth Corvin with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-working, democratic population of 7.922 billion Grellanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Social Policy, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grellania City. The average income tax rate is 77.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Grellanian economy, worth 949 trillion Grellanian Credits a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 119,794 Grellanian Credits, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, skateparks can be found in every city, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime is totally unknown. Grellania's national animal is the Nakkadile, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Morality.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 15 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Grellania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Grellania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 4 days ago: Grellania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Imperium of the Wolf".
- 5 days ago: Grellania endorsed The Sibylline Zeugmatic Syzygy of The Dark Star Republic.
- 5 days ago: Grellania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 7 days ago: Grellania was endorsed by The Sibylline Zeugmatic Syzygy of The Dark Star Republic.
- 9 days ago: Grellania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 10 days ago: Grellania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Infectious Disease Control".
- 10 days ago: Grellania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 11 days ago: Grellania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).