“Honor, Liberty, Order, Justice, Choice.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: International Democratic Union
The Empire of Grellania is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Ruth Corvin with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.151 billion Grellanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grellania City. The average income tax rate is 91%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
The government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and skateparks can be found in every city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grellania's national animal is the Nakkadile, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Morality, and its currency is the Grellanian Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 25 minutes ago
- 24 minutes ago: Grellania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 14 hours ago: Grellania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Grellania's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 12 days ago: Grellania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lazarus".
- 12 days ago: Grellania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 14 days ago: Grellania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 19 days ago: Grellania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 21 days ago: Grellania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Grellania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 25 days ago: Grellania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The International Communist Union"".