“That sucker who is not from Tucker”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: the West Pacific
The Republic of Greg Tucker is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 16.514 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Public Transport and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mill City. The average income tax rate is 4%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Retail.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, and the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Greg Tucker with a very polite populace. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greg Tucker's national animal is the monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the tuckerran.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Greg Tucker endorsed The Thunderbolts and Lightning of Intelligent Holograms.
- 14 hours ago: Greg Tucker endorsed The Empire of Mediobogdum.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Greg Tucker was endorsed by The Empire of Mediobogdum.
- 5 days ago: Greg Tucker was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 6 days ago: Greg Tucker was endorsed by The Thunderbolts and Lightning of Intelligent Holograms.
- 7 days ago: Greg Tucker was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 8 days ago: Greg Tucker endorsed The republic of Margonia.
- 8 days ago: Greg Tucker endorsed The Protectorate of Amaris.
- 15 days ago: Greg Tucker was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 1%).
- 21 days ago: Greg Tucker was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
Endorsements Received: 38 (BIteland, Mathematania, ROLHEATH, Southern Eureka, Todler, Wickedly evil people, The 9 Stars, Kevin Ruddistan, Lionia, Arctura Dara, Chestaan, Lab, Gorgondollar, Mochaworld, Tespa, Moerderreich, Bhang Bhang Duc, Coriolis, Dragonstorm, Amymnia, Sutopier, Thyrall, New Novak, Unistopia, Karcinoma, King Kangaroo, GGDD, All Good People, Yy4u, Higginson, Danstinople, Darkesia, Ucea, Papercuts and Skittles, Margonia, Amaris, Intelligent Holograms, Mediobogdum)