“That sucker who is not from Tucker”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: the West Pacific
The Republic of Greg Tucker is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 18.068 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Public Transport, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mill City. The average income tax rate is 3%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Retail.
The government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television, and internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greg Tucker's national animal is the monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the tuckerran.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Greg Tucker was endorsed by The Holy Blue Empire of Mediobogdum.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Greg Tucker, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Greg Tucker, vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Greg Tucker, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- 16 days ago: Greg Tucker was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 19 days ago: Greg Tucker's influence in The West Pacific fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Greg Tucker, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Greg Tucker, business is adjusting to new gender equality policies in the workplace.
- 22 days ago: Greg Tucker endorsed The Theocracy of Aestate.
- 23 days ago: Greg Tucker was endorsed by The Theocracy of Aestate.
Endorsements Received: 28 » BIteland, Mathematania, Southern Eureka, Todler, The 9 Stars, Kevin Ruddistan, Arctura Dara, Chestaan, Gorgondollar, Mochaworld, Tespa, Moerderreich, Bhang Bhang Duc, Thyrall, New Novak, Karcinoma, All Good People, Yy4u, Wickedly evil people, Creamy pleasures, Kingsteck, Darkesia, Mercanta, WaffenBrightonburg, Liberillia, Hayekvillage, Aestate, and Mediobogdum.