“Open late for your shopping convenience”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Militant Mercantile Alliance of Greenspoint is a gargantuan, devout nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 20.864 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greenspoint City. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Automobile Manufacturing.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, family bonding sessions are considered immoral and are banned, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greenspoint's national animal is the Mallrat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Arcade Token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 10 days ago: Greenspoint lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 10 days ago: Greenspoint altered its national flag.
- 19 days ago: Greenspoint was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Greenspoint fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 51 days ago: Greenspoint was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 60 days ago: Greenspoint was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 64 days ago: Greenspoint lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 64 days ago: Greenspoint relocated from Lazarus to Texas.
- 64 days ago: Greenspoint was refounded in Lazarus.
- 72 days ago: Greenspoint ceased to exist.