The Armed Republic of GreenJackets is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Flying Spaghetti Monster with an even hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, frequent executions, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 22.441 billion RGJ are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment are ignored. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient GreenJacket economy, worth an astonishing 10,400 trillion Shags a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an amazing 463,464 Shags, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,929,819 per year while the poor average 72,760, a ratio of 26.5 to 1.
The government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, jaywalking is punishable by public flogging, auditors are gutting every governmental department, and the government's economic policy is "sort it yourself". Crime is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. GreenJackets's national animal is the pig, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in GreenJackets, the government's economic policy is "sort it yourself".
- : GreenJackets was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in GreenJackets, auditors are gutting every governmental department.
- : GreenJackets's influence in World Pirates Alliance rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Following new legislation in GreenJackets, jaywalking is punishable by public flogging.
- : Following new legislation in GreenJackets, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
- : Following new legislation in GreenJackets, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in GreenJackets, back-alley circumcision clinics are popping up all over the nation.
- : GreenJackets was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry, Most Scientifically Advanced, Largest Manufacturing Sector, Largest Agricultural Sector, and Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : GreenJackets's influence in World Pirates Alliance rose from "Page" to "Squire".