The Armed Republic of GreenJackets is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Flying Spaghetti Monster with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 23.403 billion RGJ are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient GreenJacket economy, worth an astonishing 10,852 trillion Shags a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an amazing 463,736 Shags, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,001,546 per year while the poor average 68,445, a ratio of 29.2 to 1.
GreenJackets is building an army to protect its overseas territories, farmers' market days almost always end in a shooting, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to GreenJackets City to enjoy their national art, and the nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low. Crime is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. GreenJackets's national animal is the pig, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GreenJackets's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : GreenJackets's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : GreenJackets's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in GreenJackets, the nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low.
- : GreenJackets altered its national flag.
- : GreenJackets was refounded in Balder.
- : GreenJackets ceased to exist.
- : GreenJackets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in GreenJackets, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to GreenJackets City to enjoy their national art.
- : GreenJackets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.