The Principality of Greater Worthing is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 11.858 billion Greater Worthingians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.6%.
The thriving Greater Worthingian economy, worth 501 trillion golden guineas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 42,334 golden guineas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 136,818 per year while the poor average 9,898, a ratio of 13.8 to 1.
Voting is voluntary, there are no minimum wage laws, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Greater Worthing's national animal is the roe deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Worthing's influence in Holding pen fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Greater Worthing's influence in Holding pen fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Greater Worthing's influence in Holding pen fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Greater Worthing's influence in Holding pen fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Greater Worthing's influence in Holding pen fell from "Hermit" to "Dealmaker".
- : Greater Worthing's influence in Holding pen rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Greater Worthing relocated from International Democratic Union to Holding pen.
- : Greater Worthing was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Stupidest Citizens.
- : Greater Worthing fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Greater Worthing fell out of the world Top 10% for Stupidest Citizens.