“Oh I do like to be beside the seaside”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: International Democratic Union
The Principality of Greater Worthing is a colossal, economically powerful nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.34 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13%. A robust private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Pizza Delivery and Furniture Restoration.
Voting is voluntary, there are no minimum wage laws, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is a problem. Greater Worthing's national animal is the roe deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the golden guinea.
Most Recent Government Activity: 53 days ago
- 54 days ago: Greater Worthing was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 168 days ago: Greater Worthing was struck by a Cure Missile from The Supremely Democratic States of Hirota, curing 13 million infected.
- 168 days ago: Greater Worthing relocated from Lazarus to International Democratic Union.
- 168 days ago: Greater Worthing was refounded in Lazarus.
- 263 days ago: Greater Worthing ceased to exist.
- 1 year 133 days ago: Greater Worthing was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 1 year 255 days ago: Greater Worthing lodged a message on the Great Britain and Ireland Regional Message Board.
- 1 year 310 days ago: Greater Worthing relocated from Lazarus to Great Britain and Ireland.
- 1 year 310 days ago: Greater Worthing was refounded.
- 1 year 320 days ago: Greater Worthing ceased to exist.