The Revolutionary Republic of Great Jergania and Jonland is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President John Ukenye with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, strictly enforced bedtime, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 9.156 billion Jerganians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Industry, although Defense is also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of LibertÓ. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Jerganian economy, worth a remarkable 1,749 trillion paper ducats a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 191,079 paper ducats, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 898,117 per year while the poor average 24,188, a ratio of 37.1 to 1.
The government is spending billions of paper ducats on a fancy space probe to find a planet that may not even exist, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, biker gangs and fashionistas are converting to Violetism en masse, and money is being desperately pumped into the ruined economy. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Great Jergania and Jonland's national animal is the dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is no longer used at the state level.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Great Jergania and Jonland altered its national flag.
- : Great Jergania and Jonland was refounded in Osiris.
- : Great Jergania and Jonland ceased to exist.
- : Great Jergania and Jonland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Great Jergania and Jonland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".