“Long Live The Peaceful Revolution!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Post-Revolutionary Republic of Great Jenstonia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Grand Pubah with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 9.646 billion Jenstonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bongston. The average income tax rate is 38.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Great Jenstonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,748 trillion GJ Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 181,304 GJ Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Island residents must resort to canoes and sailboats to get to work, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, and government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Great Jenstonia's national animal is the Jenstonian Reindeer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Ascensionism.
Great Jenstonia is ranked 177th in The North Pacific and 5,710th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 681.75 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 14 hours ago
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Great Jenstonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Great Jenstonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Great Jenstonia endorsed The Democratic Republic of Ostersunds.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Great Jenstonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Great Jenstonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Great Jenstonia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Ostersunds.
- 4 days ago: Great Jenstonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Great Jenstonia, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Great Jenstonia, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams.
- 4 days ago: Great Jenstonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
Endorsements Received: 60 » HMS Unicorn, Framhaven, Selfgradatude, McMasterdonia, God n Country n Byron, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Novare Res, Yaorozu, New Absurdistan, Alunya, Malvad, Great Bights Mum, Former English Colony, Eumbner, Democratic Republic of England, Antari, Elevation, Chinstralia, Dutchyland, Sheldanada, Pasargad, Democatic Donkeys, General COE, The Lancerian Empire, New Sekai, Grosseschnauzer, Territorio di Nessuno, SillyString, Olvern, Kialga-Lourti, Kingdom of Plembobria, Republic of Destiny, Alta Italia, The A9, Sadakoyama, Merdir, Liberitad, Daedric Stellar Empire, Everywheristan, Augustla, Bcrulez, Keltiek, Unified Wessex, Run Mayst Republic, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Zemnaya Svoboda, Falapatorius, Bayerischer Freistaat, Haut Beuxeroix, United Alvia, and 10 others.Puerto Rican Independent Republic, Republique autonome du Beuxeroy, The Kingdom of Earhart, Avalon, Domitia, Espana Japones, Lombardrhein, Guslantis, Whale Republic, and Ostersunds.