The Communist Kingdom of Great-Bohemia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Leader Sivok II with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 5.797 billion Bohemians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bohemian City. The average income tax rate is 95.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Bohemian economy, worth 683 trillion Silvers a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 117,926 Silvers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Great-Bohemia's national animal is the Emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Great-Bohemia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Scientific Cooperation".
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Great-Bohemia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 4 days ago: Great-Bohemia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 5 days ago: Great-Bohemia endorsed The Incorporated States of Rob99887766.
- 5 days ago: Great-Bohemia was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Rob99887766.
- 5 days ago: Great-Bohemia endorsed The United Kingdom of Ilha Rongo Koa.
- 5 days ago: Great-Bohemia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Ilha Rongo Koa.
- 6 days ago: Great-Bohemia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 6 days ago: Great-Bohemia endorsed The Rogue Nation of Steamhaven II.
- 8 days ago: Great-Bohemia was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Steamhaven II.
Endorsements Received: 35 » The Isle of Tol Eressea, Dustwind, Coreras, FreeGunsForAll, Aipotu Ruo, Lamborghini Murcielago, Nojia, Kokkinostan, Blogotopia, Creeptopia, Wysrod, The Iron Crown Order, Linkdahero, Rex Republic, Ze Czech, Osea Island, Aetur, The Peach Islands, Anollasia, Namabia, Spearo, The Republic of Michigan, Germanahii, Licnosloboda, Yucelo, Neo-Fantasia, The United Dog Days Providence, All glory to the hypno-toad, Zeganas, Aersoldorf, New gillingham, Richecstan, Steamhaven II, Ilha Rongo Koa, and Rob99887766.