The Communist Kingdom of Great-Bohemia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader Sivok II with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 6.756 billion Bohemians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bohemian City. The average income tax rate is 95.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Bohemian economy, worth 804 trillion Silvers a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 119,042 Silvers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Great-Bohemia's national animal is the Emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Great-Bohemia endorsed The Federation of Trussiama.
- : Great-Bohemia was endorsed by The Federation of Trussiama.
- : Great-Bohemia endorsed The Queendom of Ledarnia.
- : Great-Bohemia was endorsed by The Queendom of Ledarnia.
- : Great-Bohemia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Great-Bohemia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Great-Bohemia endorsed The Undead googly moogly of Happy Kitten Death Chain Land.
- : Great-Bohemia was endorsed by The Undead googly moogly of Happy Kitten Death Chain Land.
- : Great-Bohemia created a custom banner.
- : Great-Bohemia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Dustwind, Coreras, FreeGunsForAll, Nojia, Kokkinostan, Blogotopia, Creeptopia, The Iron Crown Order, Linkdahero, Rex Republic, Ze Czech, Osea Island, Spearo, Germanahii, The United Dog Days Providence, Zeganas, Aersoldorf, Ilha Rongo Koa, Rob99887766, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Night Hawk Nation, Pilrimania, Neo-Fantasia, Czechoslovachia, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Licnosloboda, Rersia, Mauceri, Vinnybotz, Old Atlantica, Solleana, Kelvinski, Fujisan, Aipotu Ruo, Samanar, AmericaIS THE BEST, New Naprela Islands, The Peach Islands, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Ledarnia, and Trussiama.