The United Kingdoms of Grays Harbor is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by King Paul-Emil II with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 24.351 billion Harberians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aberdeen. The average income tax rate is 93.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Harberian economy, worth a remarkable 4,869 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 199,970 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Billions of Crowns are being blown on orbital weapons development, King Paul-Emil II's mistress is the belle at many state balls, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, and postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grays Harbor's national animal is the Baycat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Harberian Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity: 118 minutes ago
- 17 hours ago: Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Indigenous Peoples".
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Grays Harbor, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Grays Harbor, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.
- 4 days ago: Grays Harbor endorsed The Republic of The Texas.
- 4 days ago: Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Bear Arms".
- 4 days ago: Grays Harbor was endorsed by The Republic of The Texas.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Grays Harbor, King Paul-Emil II's mistress is the belle at many state balls.
- 8 days ago: Grays Harbor changed its national animal to "Baycat".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Grays Harbor, billions of Crowns are being blown on orbital weapons development.
- 8 days ago: Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
Endorsements Received: 13 » NewTexas, Ewing Oil Co, Garzekistan, Gig em Aggies, Dennisov, Blandings and Fenwick, PatrickStar, KUNLANDA, Mimes Guild, Studly Penguins, South Aztlan, AmandilTwo, and The Texas.