The United Kingdoms of Grays Harbor is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Paul-Emil II with an even hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, pith helmet sales, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 26.914 billion Harberians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aberdeen. The average income tax rate is 93.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Harberian economy, worth a remarkable 5,974 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an amazing 221,997 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, shaken martini sales have soared in nations surrounding Grays Harbor, and Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Aberdeen to enjoy their national art. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grays Harbor's national animal is the Baycat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Harberian Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Eternal Scholars".
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act"".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Utopia"".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Partially Born".
- : Grays Harbor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Grays Harbor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate California".
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Place that has No Big Banks".